4.12.2015

Mother of the Bride

There is a wedding in the family next month. I have known about it for over a year but waited until now to even think about the Mother of the Bride Dress. It is right up my alley to sew something fabulous but I wimped out and ordered a dress that is figure flattering and custom made to my specifications. Something less to worry about.


JJ's House describes it like this: A-Line/Princess Cowl Neck Tea-length Chiffon Mother of the Bride Dress with Beading sequins cascading ruffles. It looks good in the regency color which is purple and goes with the wedding theme. You can see additional views of the dress here.

I like that it does not have a defined waist, is flattering, has movement and interest, and most of all, I like the "superhero cape" flowing caplet that is longer in back. Because as all of you moms know, it takes a superhero to raise kiddos these days. I call it the mother of the bride toga with superhero cape.

Now with this decision out of the way, and a renewed desire to sew again, I need to sew some sashes for the bridesmaids and a whole spring and summer wardrobe for me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.