I think this is the longest it has ever taken me to knit something, or maybe I should say this yarn knew what it wanted to be and everything I had planned for it was not it. I purchased the yarn for a loose fit summer cardigan but no matter what needle I used I could not make it produce the necessary gauge to fit the pattern. I finally gave up and got a different yarn to finish the original plan.
Then I decided I should use this yarn for something else. I started this pattern shown below. I had made a mistake in the length of the project before adding the "sleeve" width section but decided it would be okay. It probably would have been, but there was that nagging thought in the back of my mind that perhaps I would be just a few inches short on yarn. Plus, I kept making silly errors in the knit pattern. I worked the project until it was about 20 inches long and set it aside while I decided if I was going to rip it back and make it the original planned length. Last blog post I had decided to frog the whole thing and start over.
Once I made up my mind, the whole project was a race to the finish. It must have been what the yarn was meant to be because when I committed to starting a new project, it was finished within a month.
Here is the next project. It is going pretty fast too.