3.09.2013

Awaiting Spring



Placement preview
Daylight savings time will be here tomorrow morning and spring is just around the corner. It is snowing outside right now which is just fine because I do not need to go out in it and the precipitation will help the real flowers that will be blooming soon.  

I am still working on the "My Flower Garden" quilt top; putting the green 60 degree diamonds all around the flowers. I have finished the red flowers, most of the blue flowers except for 1 full flower and all of the partial flowers. I have not started the purple flower leaves yet. Purple is my favorite color so I am saving them for last. I hope to finish all of these today so I can start to match up the order I will place them for the finished quilt. I still may have to trade some of the leaves for higher contrast. 

I thought I would have more of them finished by now, but I had one of those days where I could not do anything right. On one red flower I had to take out every leaf stitch I made. First I sewed the piece on upside down. I don't remember ever making that kind of error before. Then I managed to place one backwards on the first seam so that the wrong side of the diamond had been attached and did not fit in the notch. The next seam was just not placed properly so I had a gap on one side. I finally got that flower completed and decided it was not a day to sew. In fact I waited a couple of days before I returned to the project. Thankfully even though these hexagon seams are longer than most hexagon seams, they are still short enough to be easy to take out.  

Here is a stack of completed blocks:

Stack of flower blocks

To keep my "helper", Dot from making a mess or stretching any of the bias edges, I keep them covered with tissue paper. I can roll the tissue paper back on the tube so it is not wasted and she does not like the loud rustle of paper sound when she tries to inspect the flowers. 

Tissue paper over finished blocks - Cat Deterrent

Dot
From Online Etymology Dictionary:

anticipation (n.) Look up anticipation at Dictionary.com
late 14c., from Latin anticipationem (nominative anticipatio) "preconception, preconceived notion," noun of action from pp. stem of anticipare "take care of ahead of time" (seeanticipate). Meaning "action of looking forward to" is from 1809.

await (v.) Look up await at Dictionary.com
early 13c., awaiten, from Old North French awaitier (Old French agaitier) "to lie in wait for, watch, observe," from a- "to" (see ad-) + waitier "to watch" (see wait (v.)). Originally especially with a hostile sense. Related: Awaitedawaiting.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.