1.17.2015

2015

Another Year on the Calendar 
running by like a river under the bridge 

January.  January 17.  January 17, 2015.  Sometimes I still try to write the year beginning with 19 something when we are already 15 years and 17 days into the 2000s.  

It seems like this year has just started but winter has been going on forever. How could that be? Maybe it is because we have had a long spell of silly freezing drizzle and small snow storms nightly. Each night a dusting of champagne powder has fallen over a think coating of ice. We rarely have ice. These smaller more frequent storms are messing up both rush hours every day without leaving more than a trace of snow. And each day has been dreary gray and cold without the sun smiling through. It has not been the normal winter filled with sunny days that look deceptively warm. 

Today it is sunny, maybe even warm, at least it looks like it is warm. I have missed you sunshine. Thanks for shining down on my weekend. I have a lot of projects I want to work on this year, but today, I am going to enjoy the sun. 

I wish you a Happy, Productive, Blessed, Beautiful, Sun Filled New Year! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by.